Specialist Physio Services
2023 Global Health and Pharma
Podiatrist Year Finalist
2021 Allied Health
Allied Health Awards
2020 Management & Leadership
Young Vic of the Year
Awarded in 2020
Podiatry Specialist of Year
2019 Aus Enterprise Awards
Warts, caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV), can be a discomforting skin condition. Plantar warts, specifically, can cause pain and discomfort, especially when walking. In Brisbane, Swift Microwave Therapy for plantar wart treatment has emerged as a highly effective option for addressing these lesions.
Get treated at Align HC in South Brisbane and Indooroopilly, QLD, where our seasoned podiatrists provide extensive care for a wide spectrum of foot concerns. From meticulous nail and skin maintenance to cutting-edge solutions for diabetic foot complications, we’ve got you covered.Book an Appointment
What is Swift Wart Treatment?
Swift wart treatment is a cutting-edge therapy that uses microwave energy (or pulses) to safely and effectively remove plantar warts and verrucae on the bottom of the feet. The actual device is about the size of a marker, which conveniently allows your podiatrist to deliver microwave energy directly to the affected area.
Process for Swift Microwave Wart Removal and Duration
Unlike traditional wart treatments that simply burn or freeze the surface of the wart, Swift attacks the virus at its root.
Here’s how Swift Wart Treatment works
- Consultation: Your podiatrist will evaluate your foot and warts to create your personalised treatment plan. Depending on the severity of your warts, your podiatrist may also review your medical history to check if there could be any other contributing factors.
- Precise targeting: A trained healthcare professional uses the handheld device to deliver a controlled dose of highly focused microwave energy directly to the wart. The Swift device also allows your podiatrist to set the depth of the microwaves so that the skin under the wart won’t be damaged.
- Heat generation: The targeted microwaves will heat up the wart tissue to 42–45° C, which makes the infected cells “call” your immune system for help.
- Immune response: The treatment triggers your body’s natural immune response to attack the HPV virus and clear the wart.
The process is fast, with patients typically requiring only 3 to 4 sessions to see significant improvement. After your treatment, there is only minimal post-treatment care, so you can resume your daily activities without any downtime.
Is Swift Wart Treatment Safe?
Yes, it is considered safe as it resolves warts using non-ionising radiation without damaging the DNA of living cells.
Who Can Receive Swift Wart Treatment?
Patients with plantar warts can benefit from Swift wart removal, so can anyone with plantar warts that have been unresponsive to other treatments.
Benefits of Swift Microwave Therapy for Plantar Wart Treatment
Here’s why Swift is the smart choice for swift wart removal:
- Highly effective: A study published in the Journal of Foot and Ankle Research indicates that microwave wart treatment has an 83% success rate. Moreover, Swift delivers lasting results in just 3 to 4 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart.
- Painless and comfortable: The quick, non-invasive procedure feels like a warm prick, with minimal discomfort and no downtime. Notably, a report published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology states that all treated patients indicated their wart-related pain had reduced significantly.
- No breaking skin: Unlike freezing or burning methods, Swift leaves the surrounding skin untouched. This method minimises scarring and promotes faster healing.
- Targeted treatment: The precise microwave technology focuses on the wart itself, so healthy tissue is left unharmed.
So, ditch the messy creams and painful procedures. Choose Swift and experience the freedom of smooth, wart-free feet!.
Chalerm Tuantab, Align HC Founder:
“Our aim is to provide the best evidence based care and outcomes for our patients”
Differences Between Swift Wart Therapy and Traditional Wart Treatments
Compared to other wart removal techniques, such as cryotherapy (freezing) and electrodesiccation (cauterising), Swift microwave therapy offers the following advantages:
- No need for anaesthetic: Swift is a non-invasive procedure that does not require anaesthesia.
- No scarring: Swift treatment does not cause scarring, unlike electrodesiccation, laser removal, and cryotherapy.
- Long-lasting results: Once a wart is treated with Swift, it is unlikely to return.
- Minimal post-treatment care: Patients can continue with their daily activities immediately.
Swift Treatment for Warts with Minimal Pain and Discomfort
Swift treatment employs highly focused microwave technology, ensuring fast wart treatment and removal with minimal pain and discomfort. The targeted nature of this treatment significantly reduces discomfort during and after the procedure.
ref=”https://www.alignhc.com.au/contact” style=”text-decoration:none”>Contact Align HC today.
Ready for a consultation to get rid of your foot warts? Contact Align HC today.
Explore Our Podiatrist Resources:
At Align Health Collective Indooroopilly, we are devoted to providing you with comprehensive information to help you understand various podiatric conditions and treatments better. We invite you to explore our rich resource of articles that could align with your interests and needs:
- What is Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome? A Comprehensive Guide to Understanding PFPS
- What is Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction?
- Melbourne Podiatrist Accepts Medicare and Bulk Billing
- Sprained Ankle Treatment Melbourne
- Ingrown Toenail Treatment Melbourne
- Plantar Fasciitis Melbourne
- How a Podiatrist Can Help with Your Arthritis
- Shockwave for the Foot or Ankle?
- Heel Pain | Plantar Fasciitis
- Dealing with Ingrown Toenails?
Each article offers insights into different aspects of podiatry, including symptoms, treatments, and preventative measures, to empower you to make informed decisions about your foot and lower limb health.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Check out our Modern
Brisbane Podiatric Clinic
WHY CHOOSE ALIGN HC
We offer fully bulk-billed Medicare consults and do not charge a gap fee. If you have any questions about bulk billed consultations, ask your doctor about an EPC Care Plan or feel free to give us a call and one of our friendly staff can help you.
45 Minute Initial Consults
Results based. You aren’t just a number and a time.
At our Brisbane podiatry clinic, we offer Podiatry, Physiotherapy, Exercise Science, Dietetics, Clinical Pilates, Shockwave, Dry needling and much more all under one roof.
Expert and Award Winning Physicians
4x Award-winning clinicians with over a combined 40+ years of experience.
We truly care about you, your history, your injury, and your results. Every treatment strategy is created with you in mind.
Align Health Collective Brisbane
We are conveniently located near the centre of Brisbane, with plenty of parking available nearby.
Tel: 07 2103 3978
Email: [email protected]
Walking Instructions (from Indooroopilly Station):
- Via Westminster Rd and Station Rd (350m, 6 minutes approx.):
- Head towards Westminster Road.
- Follow Westminster Road until you reach Station Road.
- Turn onto Station Road and continue until you arrive.
- Via Station Rd (350m, 6 minutes approx.):
- Proceed directly to Station Road.
- Stay on Station Road for the entire route.
- Continue along Station Road until you arrive.
Frequently Asked Questions Swift Wart Treatment
What can I expect during a Swift Wart Treatment session?
A trained podiatrist assesses the condition and administers Swift microwave wart therapy using specialised equipment.
Can Swift Wart Treatment be effective for all types of warts?
Swift wart therapy is highly effective for plantar warts, but its suitability for other skin lesions may vary.
When was Swift Wart Treatment introduced?
Trained podiatrists began offering Swift wart treatment in July 2017, providing a modern and innovative approach to treating plantar warts.